- In this post we will be delving into the topic about ‘cool terminal commands’. The only prerequisite is:
- * A Linux based machine –> Must be Debian based( meaning it has the
Anyways, there are a lot of interesting and cool Linux commands out there, some of the more interesting and ‘cool’ that really catch your eyes will be listed below:
1.) Cowsay –>Cowsay is basically a cool program that contains a few animal text-pictures for the terminal–> To install run
apt install cowsay
- This is really just a fun pointless command that will bring a smile to anyone’s face throughout the day.
- The syntax: cowsay -f $animal $string
slis a cool program that creates a train that runs across your terminal –> To install run
apt install sl
- Yet again a fun pointless command that can move(pun intended) your mood.
- The syntax:
sl -alfefor all options
figletis a cool program that converts the inputted characters into
Another pointless command that can diversify your command appetite.
The syntax: `figlet` $string or $character
Fortunea cool little command that can bring inspiration and motivation into your day.
Probably the best distributive quote/statements command in the terminal
The syntax: If not installed, run
apt install fortune-mod.
Then simply type
aafireis an extremely cool command that strategically puts numbers and characters into a specific order, thus generating a “fire” effect in your very own terminal!
Definitely the best fire emulator for your moneys worth(free)!!! It is practically a cost effective fire place(Warning this may replace your current fire place).
The syntax: if not installed, run
apt install libaa-binthen simply run
If you’re still interested in more cool commands, check out