Visa doesn’t directly offer credit cards, rather you get a visa card from your bank.Even though your card is issued from your bank, Visa still offers many benefits that you should be aware of. Here’s a list, but you can check out more on their site.
- Cardholder Inquiry Service- Should you ever have a question about your card, you can call Visa’s 24/7 help line
- Lost or stolen card reporting- If you ever lose your card, simply call Visa, and they’ll help you resolve the issue
- Emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement- If you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere without your card, Visa can send out some cash to help you get back home(you do have to repay it, obviously)
Here’s what I think will save people the most money: The Auto Rental Collision Waiver. Most credit cards offer this, but Visa’s is actually quite good. First off, be sure that the car you rent is covered before you proceed. If your car is eligible, you can tell your rental agency that you do not need their billion dollar waiver, and if something happens, Visa will take care of it for you. It is important to note that this is secondary insurance, meaning they cover what your primary insurance doesn’t. But, if you don’t have another source of insurance, Visa states
If you do not have other insurance that covers this theft or damage, then this benefit is considered primary, and will reimburse you for the covered theft or damage as well as valid administrative and loss-of-use charges imposed by the auto rental company and reasonable towing charges that occur while you are responsible for the rental vehicle.
Anyways, on with the list:
- Zero Liability- You are not charged for any purchases that you or an authorized user did not make
- Roadside Dispatch- Pay a low fee of $70 to get roadside dispatch, which includes
- 5 miles of towing
- Tire changing
- Jump starting
- Lockout Service
- Fuel Delivery
If you’re lucky enough to have a Visa signature card, you also get:
- Extended warranty- The warranty of purchases you make are extended by a year
- Visa Signature concierge- Assistance 24/7 for things such as hotel bookings, etc.
- All the benefits listed above
Note: Your bank may include additional benefits, these are the ones offered directly from Visa.